Monday, April 20, 2009

5:30am Screwdriver


After we decided I would stop taking my birth control pill, it was time for a pitstop at the drugstore. But since the grocery store is right next door and sells prenatal vitamins AND beer, we not surprisingly went to the grocery store instead. Armed with a bottle of what my husband called "neonatal pills" and a 12-pack of Bud Light, we made our way back to the house. We had similar experiences buying pregnancy tests. Anything involving babies involves beer (for him, of course).

One period had passed being off the pill when the calendar said a second should arrive. It was Easter weekend and we were heading up north to visit the in-laws. My husband - a big fan of Boston-based movies - kept repeating a quote from The Departed. "You get your period yet?" But I hadn't. We stopped to buy a test on the way home from work on Monday. I had cramping all Monday night and was sure I'd get my period by morning. When I didn't, I took the test. It showed positive almost immediately. It was 5:30 in the morning. Tony was in the shower. I left the positive test on the bureau and went downstairs to pour him some orange juice. As he stepped out of the shower, I nodded my head toward the test and handed him the OJ. "There's vodka in there," I said.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! LOL I am trying to get throught them all from beginning to end. Thanks for sharing with me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete